The Bridgewater-based law firm Norris McLaughlin, P.A., is pleased to announce that twenty of its Members have been named to the 2010 edition of Best Lawyers, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
Almost one-fourth of the Members of Norris McLaughlin, P.A. appear in this year’s edition of Best Lawyers. The firm is ranked eighth amongst participating firms in the State of New Jersey. The firm ranks in the top ten in New Jersey in 18 specialties, including Banking Law, Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisition Law and Labor & Employment Law. In the nation, the firm ranks in the top ten in seven specialties, including Communications, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Natural Resources, and Energy Law.
The firm’s 2010 Best Lawyers include:
- Morris S. Bauer, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law
- Martha N. Donovan, Environmental Law
- William A. Dreier, Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Victor S. Elgort, Trusts and Estates
- Joseph J. Fleischman, Commercial Litigation
- Edward A. Hogan, Energy Law, Environmental Law, and Natural Resources Law (10)
- Peter D. Hutcheon, Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisition Law, and Securities Law (20)
- Joel N. Jacobson, Banking Law
- James H. Laskey, Communications Law and Energy Law (10)
- Kenneth D. Meskin, Trusts and Estates
- Richard A. Norris, Family Law and Family Law Mediation (10)
- Ira S. Novak, Health Care Law (10)
- Kevin T. O’Brien, Banking Law
- Walter G. Reinhard, Energy Law (10)
- William R. Robinson, Intellectual Property Law
- James J. Shrager, Commercial Litigation
- Edward G. Sponzilli, Commercial Litigation
- M. Karen Thompson, Labor and Employment Law
- Bruce J. Wisotsky, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law
(10) Lawyers who have been listed in Best Lawyers for at least 10 years.
(20) Lawyers who have been listed in Best Lawyers for at least 20 years.
Steven Naifeh, Managing Editor of Best Lawyers, says, “We continue to believe, as we have believed for 26 years, that recognition by one’s peers is the most meaningful form of recognition in the legal profession.”
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive annual peer-review survey. For the new U.S. edition, more than 24,126 leading attorneys cast more than 2.8 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in the same and related specialties. Because of the rigorous and transparent methodology used by Best Lawyers, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel Magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”