Shana Siegel, Chair of our Elder Care & Special Needs Law Practice Group, and Lori Kayne, our Geriatric Social Worker, presented “Protecting Vulnerable Seniors from Financial Exploitation- A Guide for Healthcare Professionals” in partnership with Synergy HomeCare on May 10.
The complimentary program was designed to educate social workers and CCM board-certified case managers on identifying and protecting clients from financial exploitation.
Topics covered included:
- Define financial exploitation, the two main types, and 5 warning signs
- Describe who is most at risk for exploitation and why it is hard to identify
- Identify reasons seniors are more vulnerable to financial exploitation
- Describe ways to protect seniors from financial exploitation
- List steps practitioners can take if financial exploitation is suspected