For decades, we have assisted our banking clients with their transactional, litigation, and operational needs, as well as fulfilling their regulatory obligations. Our sole focus is on helping our clients achieve business goals while improving their bottom line.
Who We Are
The vast experience of our banking and financial services attorneys enables us to provide clients with high-quality, cost-efficient legal services. We constantly seek to provide “value-added” services for our banking and financial services clients through conducting seminars, monitoring legal and industry developments, and creating new business opportunities.
When appropriate, our banking attorneys collaborate with attorneys from our Environmental, Tax, Cannabis, and other practice groups. This approach allows us to meet all of our financial service client’s needs in an efficient and effective manner.
What We Do
Our clients include bank holding companies, commercial banks, savings banks, mortgage companies, credit unions, commercial finance companies, insurance companies, and other forms of financial service companies.
For decades, we have assisted our banking clients with their transactional, litigation, and operational needs, as well as fulfilling their regulatory obligations. During this time, our sole focus has been on helping our clients achieve business goals while improving their bottom line.
We constantly seek to provide “value-added” services to our banking & financial services clients through seminars, monitoring of legal and industry developments in New Jersey and the creation of new business opportunities.
- Secured and unsecured term and revolving-credit financings
- All manner of tax-exempt financings including industrial development bonds
- Economic development and public incentive loans
- Equipment lease financings
- Construction lending
- Financing of emerging high technology companies
- Conventional mortgage loans
- Acquisition and ESOP financings
- Letters of credit
- All manner of syndicated financings including shared national credits and participations.
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Commercial and residential foreclosures
- Loan default recovery
- Asset recovery including replevin
- Defense of Lender liability claims
- Ponzi and other fraud schemes
- Fraudulent transfer litigation
- UCC claims
- Class action litigation
- Yield spread premiums
- Consumer fraud
- Improper servicing claims
- Automobile loans and servicing
- Realization of collateral in foreclosure proceedings or by UCC sales
Workouts and Bankruptcy
- Consensual restructurings of troubled loans (in and out of court), bankruptcy, receivership and assignment for benefit of creditor proceedings
Organizational and Regulatory Matters
- Obtain de novo bank charters and complete capital stock offerings for community banks
- Provide advice on the Bank Holding Company Act
- Attention to interstate banking issues
- Counsel on proxy fights and other matters relating to potential changes in management control
- Mergers and acquisitions of banking institutions
- Issuance of trust-preferred securities
- Day-to-day legal counseling
- Employee matters including benefits & compensation issues, personnel policies, employee misconduct & investigations, immigration, and litigation
- Branch expansion including leasing, real estate development, land use & zoning, and environmental counseling
- Antitrust and marketing counseling
- Protection of intellectual property rights