Global Meritas® Alliance
At Norris McLaughlin, our international reputation for excellence is amplified through membership in Meritas®, a premier global alliance of independent law firms. Through the firm’s membership in Meritas®, an exclusive network of 184 domestic and international law firms in 90 countries and 247 global markets, our firm and its clients have ready access to local legal assistance far beyond our offices in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Meritas® has been recognized by Chambers Global, one of the oldest and most prestigious legal listings in the world, as one of the “Leading Law Firm Networks: The Elite” in Band 1, the highest possible ranking.
Membership in the Global Meritas® Alliance
For businesses with a national or international imperative, the difficulty of finding and coordinating a multi-jurisdictional team of experienced, local legal counsel across the country, or around the globe, often results in higher costs and lost opportunities – until they discover our firm’s connection with Meritas®. Norris McLaughlin enjoys a robust reputation, both domestically and internationally, due in part to its membership in this organization.
As the largest worldwide affiliation of commercial law firms, Meritas® offers firms like Norris McLaughlin the opportunity to know and work closely with other law firms across the globe and to coordinate client issues worldwide. Meritas® is an invitation-only professional services network that delivers essential peace of mind for business owners, in-house counsel, and others to easily connect with carefully chosen, quality-reviewed independent legal counsel most anywhere in the world.
The Meritas® Quality Assurance Program
Member firms undergo a rigorous Meritas® vetting process and must agree to perform under the uniquely comprehensive Meritas® Quality Assurance Program, which helps provide member firms with comfort that a client will receive the same exemplary legal work product and delivery of service from every Meritas® member firm. The following requirements are imperative service features monitored by Meritas® through its Quality Assurance Program:
- Highly selective member vetting process; Quality Assurance Program monitors referrals; frequent recertification review process;
- Convenient Access: Member searchable access to other member firms and experience around the globe;
- Consistent Service: firms share a positive, constructive approach to business and commitment to excellent client service; and
- Proven Value: local, mid-sized, and independent means flexible, local rates and first-hand knowledge of local markets.
As the designated Meritas® member firm in New Jersey, we coordinate national and international client matters and help our clients find swift and convenient access to locally savvy legal representation in every U.S. state and in more than 253 global markets around the globe.
Norris McLaughlin’s Meritas® Member Contacts
Meritas® member firms must designate a Member Contact who knows the network and firm well, and can expedite inquiries and referrals. When a client reaches out to a firm, the Member Contact collaborates to understand the client’s needs and connect them to the appropriate attorney with the relevant skills and experience to ensure seamless client service.
- Main Member Contact: Steven A. Karg; 908-252-4276; email@example.com
- Alternate Member Contact: Melissa A. Peña; 908-722-0700; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Lawyer Contact: John V. Kelly, III; 908-252-4195; email@example.com