The Financial Impact of COVID-19: Bankruptcy 101
Bruce J. Wisotsky, a Members of law firm Norris McLaughlin, P.A., will present the free webinar, “The Financial Impact of COVID-19: Bankruptcy 101,” for the New Jersey Medical Group Management Association and eight other state Medical Group Management Associations.
About the COVID-19 Bankruptcy Webinar
Discussion topics will include:
- How the CARES Act has raised the debt ceiling for small businesses
- Different chapters of bankruptcy
- Sub-Chapter V rules in the Small Business Reorganization Act
- Which chapter of bankruptcy may be appropriate for medical practices experiencing financial hardships caused by COVID-19
- What factors must be considered when determining whether to file for bankruptcy
When: Friday, May 29, 2020
noon – 1:00 p.m.
About Bruce Wisotsky
Bruce represents debtors, creditors’ committees, equity committees, trustees, landlords, secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 and 7 bankruptcy proceedings. He has litigated a wide variety of bankruptcy and commercial issues during his career inclusive of contract and lien validity disputes, actions to recover preferential transfers, fraudulent conveyance claims, and non-dischargeability of debt actions. Bruce has also lectured on various bankruptcy issues before the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Turnaround Management Association, and the Essex County Bar Association. He has addressed topics including prosecution and defense of preference actions; treatment of tax claims in bankruptcy proceedings; and retention bonus issues.